Monday, May 3, 2010

It's Time To Slow Down and Reevaluate

I started making jewelry many years ago when I was a child and since then have always found it so comforting to go back to. I love the textures of the beads, the way things look as they are coming together, and how things change as your making it. You could start out with one shape and end with another completely separate idea.  I love that about designing. I started having so much extra handcrafted jewelry that I never got a chance to wear, and THAT is when I thought I would like to make a business out of this love of mine. Over the time I have started learning about business and to "make what will sell". That's not always me.


SOO I have decided to do this a little slower from now on. I am just going to do what I want to do and let my viewers decide if they like it too. I am also going to be starting on a new venture as well, in which I will gradually let my followers in on more and more as things progress. So in the meantime, I will be promoting other artists and telling you a little about the artists community where I live. I would also LOVE to do some promoting for some of my dear artist friends from around the world as well. That will be coming in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your new adventure. Sometimes it really is worth it just to stop to think about what you really want and makes you happy. I really sympathise about getting to the point where you're making things just because you think they have nore potential buyers, and of course that's not what crafting, or art, is all about.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...