Tuesday, August 2, 2011

BESTeam Feature:: JBling


Lets all give a nice big warm welcome to Jane of JBling. One of the newest members of the BESTeam .






Tell us a bit about yourself.

I have always enjoyed working with my hands - with a variety of materials. I've returned to my love of images, print ephemera, photography and the many forms that images can take. I love the intersection between vintage and contemporary - although most recently I've been leaning toward vintage.

What decade or style inspires you?

My soul belongs in the 1930s - I love the vibe, fashion, demeanor and joie de vivre of that time. I am currently obsessed with the 1960s - it,too,has a distinctive vibe, fashion and joie de vivre.

What's been your most popular item or line to date?


I have a series of prints and cards based on 1930s images that I've found, restored and repurposed. Its very gratifying to find a match between my interests and Etsy buyers.


How do you get out of your creative ruts?

I have several idea boards in my home office. I pin up all manner of things that I'm inspired by or intrigued by: fans, tassels, photos, stickers, pages from the newspaper, fabric and momentos from my travels. I try to glance up every now and then to get some inspiration from these beloved objects.


What handmade possession do you most cherish?

I love found objects. My most recent find was a length of rusty chain. The chain links are nearly 2 inches long. The rust is encrusted over a period of months or years. The red rusty color, the texture and the discovery all spark my imagination. I don't know what I'll do with the chain, but I'm inspired by its possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...