Tuesday, March 8, 2011

BESTeam Feature:: AlexandersDesigns

Tell us a bit about yourself.

We are a husband and wife team who love to create with our hands. We do everything from construction work to making dainty jewelry. We are completely self-employed and are loving every minute of it!



Where would you like to be in ten years?

A store owner! An actual brick and mortar store that sells nothing but handmade in the usa items. I think that would be fabulous!


How did you originally get into the business of making things?

I have been crafty for as long as I can remember, but did not selling until I found beads. I became addicted to beads when I did a fundraiser for a non-profit called "Bracelets for Literacy". We made stretchy bracelets and sold them to raise funds. Anyway thanks to that I became addicted and had to start selling to fund my addiction.


What's been your most popular item or line to date? 

My husbands Ugly Glass line. Everyone loves the quirky name, the vibrant colors and that it is handmade, no two are ever alike.




What handmade possession do you most cherish? 

My children's artwork. I am their biggest fan. I am so proud of what they are able to do. 


 What does handmade mean to you?

I would much rather buy handmade over anything made in china-that is for sure. Handmade means it was made with love from someone's creativity and two hands.

If you want to know more about Jenny and Skip and AlexandersDesigns check out there other links below.

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview! and feature. I love this shop as well :)

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...