Monday, March 28, 2011

BESTeam Feature:: OnBehalfOf

Tell us a bit about yourself.
I am a college student seeking to use art to bring support and awareness to the many inequalities and injustices that exist in our world.


Where would you like to be in ten years?
I would like to be working for a non-profit such as World Vision or Unicef that brings aid to developing nations, OR living/serving in an African or Latin American country.



How did you originally get into the business of making things?
Growing up, I always enjoyed being creative and making things. When I developed the idea as using art as an advocacy tool, the creative process came naturally.



Apart from creating things, what do you do?
A LOT! I spend most of my time either working for the YMCA, or at college. Studies take up most of my time. Apart from this, I make it a priority to spend time with my little brothers and sisters who are adopted from China and Ethiopia. I also direct an outreach ministry at my church, and am currently planning a trip to Haiti.

How do you get out of your creative ruts?
I am inspired by spending time in nature, watching people interact, and by looking at a wide variety of other peoples' art.



What's been your most popular item or line to date?
My piece called "Hope Makes One Live." With the 2010 earthquake still being so fresh in everyone's minds and hearts, people have attached a special value to this piece.

More Links:

Blog:  http://artonbehalfof.blogspot.com/
Etsy:  http://www.etsy.com/shop/OnBehalfOf

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...