Tuesday, May 24, 2011

BESTeam Feature: BeaderBubbe














A bit about BeaderBubbe:

"Mother of five, grandma of six...love crafts,especially making jewelry...someday soon to retire and continue on my other career - jewelry making...."
 


Where would you like to be in ten years?


I would like to be retired and working on my shop full time. With a full time job now and watching grandchildren (6 and one on the way) I hardly find time to sit and be creative.



How did you originally get into the business of making things?

I have always been a maker of things. I sewed when my children were young; then I got into crocheting. My children grew up and then I thought “Why not make something for myself?” I started making a few items like bracelets, necklaces and got a lot of complements on them. I then made gifts for friends, until one day someone said they would pay me if I made a few necklaces for her for gifts…..the rest is history.



What's been your most popular item or line to date?

My glass pendants seem to sell off before I get them into my Etsy Store. I would love more sales to my Etsy store but cant complain which I have a circle of customers outside of the store. I also try to wear my jewelry and this drums up business.



Apart from creating things, what do you do?

I am currently a school secretary working in the elementary school that my children attended. I enjoy working there and when my children were small it was convenient to be off when they were off.



No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...