Tuesday, May 31, 2011

BESTeam Feature::


Tell us a bit about yourself.

I was a stay at home mom until last month when I started working part time at a candy...uh, I mean fabric store :P My boys are 16 and 6, which does not leave loads of time for creating, but I try.


How do you get out of your creative ruts?
I am always up for new ways to get out of a rut...but it is a good thing I have a touch of Crafty ADD. So when necessary, I just switch the media and follow a different creative route.

Where would you like your shop to be in ten years?
Hopefully right where I left it LOL :P What I would like to see is a more focused line...it's that Crafty ADD thing again. I do not know if I would still have all the embroidery, bags & home stuff but with something tying them together more, or just 1 of the 3.


How did you originally get into the business of making things?
My mother-in-law told me to. She did actually...so did my sis-in-law, a couple friends, my mom....I think they got tired of all the handmade gifts or were running out of room for everything. I know my space was getting rather full.

What's been your most popular item or line to date?
I would have to say my backpacks and clutches. The backpacks even made their way to a shop in Wake Forest NC (The Lemon Tree). And I have made several sets of clutches for bridal parties.

What does handmade mean to you?
Unique. Fun. Original. And as corny as it sound, made with love...every piece is special and that means so much to me.

Don't forget to check out TILTcreations BLOG for fun new info.



If you are a crafter on Etsy and you love to blog.... Come check out the BESTeam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...