Tuesday, July 5, 2011

BESTeam Feature: ChikiD's



Tell us a bit about yourself:

I was born and raised in Illinois, but this doesn't mean I live in Chicago. I'm actually from about 2 hours West in a town of about 7,000. I went to school to study Graphic Design with a Business Management minor and have since been working as a Graphic Designer. If I could peruse a career in a different field it would be something music related such as a music supervisor selecting songs for shows and movies. I LOVE music whether it is listening to it, attending concerts or learning about different bands. I have an all black cat named Bagheera (after the black panther in The Jungle Book).

How do you get out of your creative ruts?

Be it in my professional work or for my Etsy shops, when I am in a creative rut I look around for inspiration. I will look at magazines or online to find something that catches my eye. When something jumps out at me I analyze what it is that made me stop and look. I will also look at other blogs/Etsy shops...sometimes someone else's idea can spark a multitude of ideas for me.

Where would you like your shop to be in ten years?
I would like my shop to be thriving in ten years with multiple product lines. I have a lot of ideas for products, but want to establish my Chicky D's shop before I branch off in too many directions.



How did you originally get into the business of making things?
Making things did not start out as a business for me. Early on I would enjoy making gifts for people. Often times I would want to make things, but restrained because I didn't have a purpose for them or a way to sell them. When I discovered Etsy it was a whole new ballgame and I've loved being able to make things in hopes that someone else will find them enjoyable!



Apart from creating things, what do you do?
I love to shop, especially for shoes. I am a firm believer that you can never have too many shoes :) I play tennis and exercise. I also love sports whether it be going to a baseball game or playing Fantasy Football.


What handmade possession do you most cherish?
The quilts my Grandma has made for me, specifically the one she made when I graduated high school. It was the first of many she made for me as well as the first for any of her grandchildren. She hates it because she sees all of the flaws in it, but I love it because every bit of it is a reflection of the time and energy she put into making something just for me that I can cherish for years to come.



If your an Etsy blogger then come on over to the Besteam. We love to promote each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...